Monday, April 25, 2011

São Marcelo's Fortress, Brazil

My last card for today is one again received back in 2008...told ya Im catching up ;-P

This card shows the São Marcelo's Fortress at night.

Under IPHAN’s protection, this fort was built with stones, in triangular shape, in the beginning of the XVII century, on the reefs in Salvador’s port entrance. Reconstructed with stones, after the Dutch invasion, in 1624, it got a circular shape and the mission of protecting the city from the foreign attacks.
If I had figured it out right, IPHAN stands for "Instituto do Patrimônio Histórico e Artístico Nacional."

Seems like an interesting place, though from this perspective (plus being a night view) not much can be seen, but still, it is a nice card :)

Well, thanks for reading...and I hope you have a nice week ahead (in case you had this Monday off, like me)...and if not, I hope you are managing pretty well so far.

Until next time....
  

No comments:

Post a Comment