Monday, April 25, 2011

150 years of railways in Olomouc, Czech Republic

Apart from sending me this fantastic cover I had featured in my stamps' blog, Radim also sent me an amazing card as well!

I thought that only Royal Mail and USPS issued stamp cards like this, but obviously I was wrong, coz here we have on from the Czech Republic. And it shows, not more, not less, but a TRAIN!!!
The card commemorates the 150th anniversary of the first arrival of a train in Olomouc (and to avoid confusion, that refers to 1995, not today). But still it makes more than a great card for my collection and im EXTREMELY happy to have it!


and the card comes accompanied with a perfect train stamp...issued in 2009 commemorating the 150th Anniversary of the Former Pardubice-Liberec South-North German Junction Line. Sounds a bit complicated, no?
The other small stamp was issued this year in a set of two, representing Folk Architecture.

Thank you again Radim! It was so great to trade with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment