Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gibraltar

I know it's only Thursday, but somehow i feel in the shape to post some cards so why not use it wisely :)

Few days ago I got this amazing card from Gibraltar from dear Rafal! It may not be my first Gibraltar card but it surely is my first one with Gibraltar stamps :D
Ok, I admit I sort of hijacked a place in Rafal's RR but how can one possibly resist a card from Gibraltar...sorry Rafal :)
And what I love about this one is that it is totally different than the rest of my Gibraltar cards showing the famous rock, but here you have an aerial view which gives you a better idea of how Gibraltar actually looks like. Has some odd distribution of the habitats....for my perception. I wonder if people often get bored here...


here are the two stamps Rafal used....and at first glance they seem as if they are not cancelled, but if you take a better look at the left one, you will see some traces of the cancellation. That stamp was issued in 2009 in a set of 6 stamps commemoration 100 years of Naval aviation, while the other one is a definitive from a set of 13 issued in 2004.

Thank you so much again Rafal!

3 comments:

Sreisaat said...

Nice postcard. My husband sent me a postcard from Gibraltar when he was at the end of his cycling tour of Europe. Would love to send another one that's actually stamped in Gibraltar! *lol*


Postcards Crossing

Sreisaat said...

Err, I meant ... Would love to *receive instead of *send...

viridian said...

Lovely stamps!

Post a Comment