Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pointe Aux Barques Lighthouse, USA

A great card for my lighthouse collection I received in one of the RR's.

This is Pointe Aux Barques lighthouse, which is located along the Lake Huron shore at the tip of Michigan's "Thumb". The surrounding area Lighthouse Park is an excellent recreational facility and museum maintained by Huron County.


and some nice stamps....apart from the famous clock, there are two I can consider as new ones for my collection, both issued in 2010...in the middle is a stamp dedicated to Winslow Homer, who was known as an American landscape painter and printmaker, best known for his marine subjects. I guess this is one of his paintings. And the other stamp is one you definitely recognize...Mother Teresa...commemorating 100 years since her birth.

Thanks for the nice card and stamps Craig!

No comments:

Post a Comment