Friday, January 28, 2011

Osijek, Croatia

A very nice card from Osijek received in....*cough cough*....2008.....yeah, I know, im awful!


I already wrote something about Osijek here. This card was also sent by Goran, I just wonder if he remembers at all he had sent this to me since it was so long ago :)

This card shows the Church of St Peter and St Paul, the co-cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Đakovo-Osijek. The church was built in 1898 and is one of the city's landmarks.
Wikipedia gives some trivia about this church which are as follows:

- This is the tallest building in Croatia outside of Zagreb.
- Capacity of the church during the mass is over 3000 people.
- The church is built of three and a half million bricks, and has a colored stone altars.
- The four tower bells weigh 2665 kg, 1552 kg, 740 kg. and 331 kg

If some of this info is wrong, I would like to ask Goran to kindly correct me, since as we all know, Wikipedia aint always the 100% reliable source out there.


The stamp on the card was issued in 2008, presenting the General Conference of International Amateur Radio Union Region 1 in Cavtat 

No comments:

Post a Comment