Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!!!

Well, I think the title is pretty self-explanatory...plus the day itself....so this cant be considered like a regular update....just something to commemorate this day....and I received this card half a year ago, but due to its characteristics, ive been saving it for today....so it would be a real nonsense if i actually dont use it...it wont be appropriate for any other day...ever! :P

So.....what should I actually say...uhmm....well, of course, first of all, Happy New Year everyone and i hope its gonna be a nice and good and successful one for you, and I hope your wishes will come true...for which, frankly, you DO need to put some effort...they dont get fulfilled by themselves :)
I have a bunch of wishes as well, and I will honestly try my best to at least work on them....many of them dont depend solely on me of course, but they do require my input in order to even consider being fulfilled....
The past year has definitely been one of the most odd ones in my life...I dont know how to define it in other words...it has had its ups and downs a lot,  but in a way, it has changed me a lot...for the good or the bad, i dont know anymore....I dont know what 2010 will bring...I used to believe that depending on how you spend your New Year's Eve/1st January, thats how your entire year would be....but thats absolutely no true...it has been proved over the years...so I cant predict anything....and if i had to predict my 2009, i would have failed 100%...
My New Year's Eve was, well ok...i stopped considering it as something special years ago....just another regular evening....only that many people make a great fuss about it....which is annoying....i hate it that people expect me to be in my best mood on this night, to have to go out and celebrate and stay until dawn...it may have been thrilling when i was a teenager and when going out and getting drunk and all was like the highlight of     the school week....then we only went out on weekends....after high-school every evening was convenient to go out...so the fun and thrill of the weekend had disappeared....same as for new year...i think i had outgrown it many years ago, and doesnt feel special anymore..its just a reminder that time really flies so fast, and its scary....
I dont want to have any high expectations about this year...or for anything, though i always hope for many things....you know, hoping for the best, but expecting the worst....that way, even if something doesnt turn out the way you want it to be, it wont be so shocking and disappointing....I especially practiced this technique at university....i often expected i was gonna fail an exam....so if i really did, my mind was sort of prepared for it, and didnt feel so disappointing....if i passed, the pleasure was even bigger since it wasnt expected....so same goes with everything else in life...at least for me
I did make some sort of resolutions though....im not sure if you can call them resolutions, but i definitely need some things i want to stick to....in order to feel better and more fulfilled and probably make others happy as well....its none of those *Im not gonna smoke anymore* kind of resolutions (well, i dont smoke either way)....but just a list of things i love doing and which i should take more seriously...thats all...some are financially demanding, so they may not be realized as i want them to, but its worth to try.

I dont know if you had seen this sort of cards before but ive noticed they are quite popular with some people. This is my only calendar card, and i dont think i would ever add them on my wishlist, but however, this one came more than perfect for this occasion....plus it has cats on it :P And the February one looks exactly like my Foxy! Uhmm, I dont know how many of you know about him actually...i guess i need to make a cat-post soon :)

Well, the bottom line is simple....Happy New Year to all of you, and dont forget to love each other...coz love conquers it all....believe me.
And thank you for being a part of this place for another year...i hope you will still be in the year to come, and i promise that as long as im not out of town, i will make posts here more regularly than this past year!


Its a new dawn a new day a new year for me....and Im feeling good :P

5 comments:

PostcardCollector.org said...

No stamps. Keep this blog about postcards. If you want to have a stamp blog make a new blog.. this one is called world of postcards.

Postcardy said...

Happy New Year! That's a great card. I wish they had cards like that here.

ulvikaru said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, DEAR ANA!!! :D:D:D

Vagirl said...

I wish you a happy, healthy New Year my dear friend and I hope that you'll be able to make all your dreams and hopes come true! I just wish for you to be happy and healthy and stay the wonderful woman that you are and I always love reading your blog, so continue on!
Hugs to you!

Anastasia said...

Happy New Year Anci, I wish this year brings you all what you dream about!

Post a Comment