Monday, January 11, 2010

Doha, Qatar

I had totally different plans for this card, and sort of saved if for that special purpose, but obviously I planned things too early...as the saying goes, dont count one's chickens before they're hatched....



But I so much wanted to count those chickens, and I had such solid ground to do so....and everything was going ok, and then all of a sudden, things just changed for 180°. I couldnt figure out what went wrong...all I know is that I was devastated and totally bummed. I still feel so.
And before it arises any confusion, im talking about the tennis tournament which took part in Doha last week....yeah, the whole fuss revolves around tennis....I know its stupid and childish, but thats how I react....when I support something, I support it 10000% and I feel with every single second of it.....if its a good result, i feel overwhelmed as if something terrific has happened to me personally....if its a bad result, i feel as its my own loss..i know im taking things too personally, but actually, thats what also brings the beauty of watching sports..the excitement is greater....but well....you win some, you lose some...
Im talking of the final here between Nadal and Davydenko....Nadal won the first set with 6:0....no one could've imagined that from then on, things will go downhill for him...i still cant figure it out if its Nadal who lost concentration and played badly, or if its Davydenko who resurrected.....it was a nail-bite in the second and the third set...Nadal had match points...couldnt make it....after all, it was some great and exciting tennis indeed, but I really really wish Nadal had won this one....just as much Davydenko deserved to win this title, so did Nadal....the next tournament is in Australia..so I guess I will be saving one for until then....which reminds me, I have an Abu Dhabi card left as well...Ill post it next time...to commemorate Nadal's win there last week.....

Btw, on the card you can see the Maritime Museum in Doha. For some reason, I couldnt really find some info about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment