Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Key Lime Pie

In case you didnt know....recipe cards have taken a firm place on my wish list...this one in particular...is mouthwatering...i got it thanks to dear Katie :)



I may not be addicted to chocolate/cakes and such....but i actually cant resist a piece like this...to be honest, i am capable to finish this whole cake by myself...and later, of course wonder how come my jeans dont fit me anymore....
I just LOOOOVE such creamy/crunchy stuff....the ones that just melt into your mouth...Katie says that this one has a sweet and sour taste at the same time...oh my...sounds just sooo perfect to me! I would attempt to make one like this at home, but i doubt the outcome would be anything close to whats on the picture....but thats just an excuse more not to show it in public and eat it by myself :)))) yeah, im selfish and mean sometimes :D
This cake is actually Florida's state pie....soo, in US, each state has its flag, song, bird, motto...and a pie...and im sure im missing something as well.....in order to spare you the zooming, ill write down the recipe here as well:

4 eggs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lime juice (Key Limes if possible) - im not sure if we have this here at all
6 tbsp. of sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees, beat 4 egg yolks, add condensed milk and lime juice, beat until thick, pour into baked pie shell.
For topping, beat 4 egg whites, blend in sugar and cream of tartar, beat until stiff and forms peaks, bake in moderate oven until egg whites are golden brown.

mmhmm mhhmm mhhmm....all i have at home is something thats supposed to be sacher cake...if you are asking me, its not even close to what a real sacher cake should be like...but thats how the bakery  called it...i should assume they got the recipe wrong :)

btw...today is my grandmother's birthday...and i would love to dedicate this post to her...and this cake to commemorate her birthday. At this very moment thats the least i could do...when i go to see her, ill do more...she deserves it more than a lot....i love my grandmother more than anything in the world...its just a pity i cant and dont see her more often...Happy Birthday dearest Grandma!!!!!!

1 comment:

Marie Reed said...

My Grandmother used to make this all the time! It reminds me of my childhood! Yum:)

Post a Comment