Monday, July 14, 2008

Taipei, Taiwan

Taipei city in Taiwan

And on the card you see Taipei 101 which is the tallest (completed) skyscraper in the world with 508m. .
This skyscraper has also been hailed as one of the Seven New Wonders of the World, and Seven Wonders of Engineering.
The building stands as an icon of Taipei and Taiwan as a whole. The building contains 101 floors above ground and 5 floors underground.
The '101' has several references: the 101 floors, then, 101 is the postal code of Taipei's international business district, and the number also evokes the binary numeral system used in digital technology.
Hmmm, quite interesting relations to 101 (there are some more though).
I think Taiwan should be proud with this...I dont doubt that the view from the top is amazing...and breathtaking....would love to stand on it someday...I just hope there wont be an earthquake for the time being :))

2 comments:

Gabby Girl said...

Two things.

When I was a little girl,I wanted to buy a horse and call it 101(One-o-One). I have no idea why.

When I lived in Xiamen, if I stood on the beach on a good day, I could see Taiwan in the distance. I wanted to go there so bad considering how close I was, but I was never able to. Chucks.

Ana said...

mmm, i always felt weird when i was at a certain beach, and in the distance i could see the glimmering lights of another town or event another country...I would get some nostalgic feeling even if i hadnt been at the other place ever before and i would always think for hours of whats behind those lights...you know, people who live there, how they live, what they do etc etc etc...

Post a Comment