Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tahiti and her Islands, French Polynesia

Thats how the card is named, Tahiti and her islands, so I labeled it like that as well....and it wasnt until I actually opened this post that i realized i have a card from French Polynesia!
I really amaze myself sometimes, how i switch off at certain times....

And this one belongs to the set of map cards...well not as the kind you are used to see here, but still it counts as a map card ;-)
Its composition reminds me of third grade, primary school.....there was this project we were supposed to do, make a relief of our country (just as the islands on the card), out of paste (you know, mix flour and water, get a paste and shape it as our country seen from above). Of course, we also had to paint it with water colours to distinguish mountains from valleys and rivers....and i had a "masterpiece" which made me realize im never gonna be good in arts...my mum and dad did help me though (in preparing the material) but i had to do the main part....and what i managed to shape out looked like everything but Macedonia from above....not to mention how my watercolours spreaded all over, so it was hard to figure out whats what....on top of that, i dont know if the paste was too dry, but eventually it started to crumble....the following day was one of those days when youd pretened you are sick just so you dont go to school, but unfortunately, i had to....and i hated it how other children's projects (most of them) looked soooo lovely and so neat and precise.....while mine was just....well, something that made me wanna be away from everyone and everything....and for a 10 year old kid that can feel pretty frustrating and affect its self-confidence......

Funny how this brought memories........

2 comments:

Gabby Girl said...

I really want a postcard from Fiji, but the last time I checked, no one from Fiji was participating on postcrossing.

If you want to make me super happy, go to www.strangerproject.blogspot.com and see if you like to participate in my own little project. You don't have to, and I totally understand if you choose not too. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling. Thanks.

Unknown said...

This postcard is great.
I´d like to get postcard from French Polynesia.

Post a Comment