Friday, April 4, 2008

Hasselt, Belgium

Sent to me by one of my former pen-pals, Leen Frenssen who lived here


I like the violet tone of the card...in general i love cards where blue is predominant or some nice colours like this.

Hasselt is a city and municipality in Belgium and capital of the Flemish province of Limburg. This town which is located at the Demer river and also connected to the Albert Canal was founded in the 7th century.
The name Hasselt came from Hasaluth, which means hazel wood.

Now from the things i could recognize on the card....the bottom left picture shows Hasselt's city hall.
And the bottom right picture...i think it shows the Albert Canal, but im not sure....it might be the Demer river as well :) Though my vote goes to the Canal...

The rest of the pictures, I have no idea what they are...neither Hasselt's official site didnt help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment